- The first sign of the end of a culture is that of a society which no longer worships or acknowledges God.
- A second indicator of the end of a culture is the decline of the family.
- A third important indicator of cultural demise is a society's low view of life.
- Another sign of the end of the civilization is the prevalence of base and immoral entertainment.
- Still another troublesome indicator of society's demise is the increase of violent crime among young people.
- Another key cultural indicator is the declining middle class.
- Yet another sign of cultural demise is that of an insolvent Government.
- Related to this, a government that lives off of society's moral decay is another sign of the end of a civilization.
- One obvious indicator that a culture is in decline is when the ruling class loses its will.
- The final indicator of the demise of a civilization is the failure of its people to see what is happening.
Over the years I have written several "book" or "booklets" and many, many, many newsletter and bulletin articles. Because the book market seeks writings to meet specific needs at specific times, my material has never been accepted. I have a tendency to write what is on my mind and so I am left with self publishing. So, with the encouragement from my wife and others, I am beginning this blog in order to put my "ramblings" "out there"! I hope you enjoy!
Please note that while my intentions are to use good grammar, because of the way in which some of the material presented here is presented (orally) the grammar and syntax might not always be the best English. Also note that good theology is not always presented in the best English so there may be times when the proper grammar rules are purposely broken.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Ten Signs of a Culture’s End
There are ten signs that depict the end of a culture. Great civilizations of the past were destroyed when people saw these signs but failed to act. Each of these indicators is with us today.